Voice Matters facilitates community dialogue to advance positive change. We are currently looking for a group of young people aged 18-24 who are interested in civic participation to work as Assistant Facilitators on this project. This will offer you the opportunity to get gain paid work experience in project facilitation and develop various skills aimed at building constructive change for the better.
Voice Matters will begin with an awareness raising campaign on social media, followed by a series of facilitated community events in Derry/Londonderry. Co-operation Ireland are delivering this project in partnership with St. Columb’s Hall Trust. All training and community events will take place at St. Columb’s Hall in Derry City – you must be available to attend these in order to take part in this opportunity.
The broad aims of the project are to:
- Promote the value and importance of civic participation;
- Raise awareness of deliberative democracy and how it can be used as an effective way to address issues within communities;
- Facilitate an inclusive and sustainable way for people to have a greater say and influence on decision-making in their communities; and
- Increase local people’s sense that their voices are meaningful and can be heard by decision-makers.
The Assistant Facilitators will work directly with our Project Team to develop and deliver the project. In this role you will be expected to:
- Participate in a training programme covering areas e.g. introduction to deliberative democracy and civic participation, facilitation techniques, managing effective conversations, leadership and capacity building, digital skills and social media;
- Assist with the facilitation of community events involving both face-to-face and remote/online delivery;
- Contribute to the creation of content on social media to raise awareness and promote the project locally; and
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Training programme – 16th, 17th & 18th August (10am ~ 3pm).
- Event 1 – 30th August (4pm ~ 8pm)
- Event 2 – 6th September (4pm ~ 8pm)
- Event 3 – 13th September (4pm ~ 8pm)
- Event 4 – 20th September (4pm ~ 8pm)
- Event 5 – 27th September (4pm ~ 8pm)
(Please note: the above hours are indicative and subject to change or redistribution as necessary to the effective delivery of the programme).
The role will be paid at an hourly rate of £17.50 (or €20) on submission of a timesheet. Total of hours available – up to 35 hours. The hourly rate includes travel expenses you may incur.
Complete the brief form below to register your interest in becoming an Assistant Facilitator. Our team will then directly contact you with more information about the Voice Matters project and the Assitant Facilitator application process.
If you have any questions please contact our Project Team at [email protected]