Please find the annotated version of the Survey for Young People below:
Find the Phase I Executive Summary below:
A research team from the Centre for Identity and Intergroup Relations at Queen’s University, Belfast is conducting the impact evaluation of the PEACE IV Children and Young People investment. The overall objective is to test the intervention logic, and form a view of the effectiveness and impact of the PEACE IV Objective 2.1 investment.
There are three major sources of data collection for this impact evaluation:
- A series of surveys for young people who are participating in the Programme – at the start, mid-point, and end of their project, and a further follow-up survey 12-months on. These surveys will measure distance travelled on the indicators listed under the three outcome areas of Personal Development, Good Relations, and Citizenship
- Project Cohort information (either from project’s own internal data collection systems, or via the Google document Youth Cohort Profile form created (see link below in ‘Evaluation Timeline’)
- Annual focus groups with project staff to discuss views on internal and external factors influencing their project and ability to achieve specific objectives.
The young people’s surveys are linked across the 4 time points via an Evaluation ID code. Instructions for creating this code are included at the beginning of the surveys, but for your own reference, the code format is:
ProjectNameOrganisationNameCohortNumberYearFirst three letters of participant’s surnameDay of birth
This code also allows us to link survey data with the Cohort information (filled out by the youth worker in the Cohort Form link). The following graphic shows a timeline of these activities and provides the links to the online surveys and forms.
- Beginning of each cohort:
- Youth worker completes Cohort profile: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe0tBaYqUA5rsjq0S9LG2fC85hqR6XVUxTVEIfEaQXqBSq6nw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1
- Young people complete Time 1 survey within 2 weeks of starting project
Link to the Time 1 survey: https://tinyurl.com/PEACE4-Phase2-Time1
- Mid-point of each cohort:
- Young people complete Time 2 survey – at 2 weeks either side of the midpoint time. For a 6-month project, this is the beginning of month 3. For a 9-month project, this is mid-way through month 4
Link to the Time 2 survey: https://tinyurl.com/PEACE4-Phase2-Time2
- End of each cohort:
- Young people complete Time 3 survey at 2 weeks at either side of the end of each cohort
Link to the Time 3 survey: https://tinyurl.com/PEACE4-Phase2-Time3
- For any early leavers from a cohort, there is now an Exit Survey that the young person can fill out at the time of leaving. This survey includes most of the questions from Time 3, but there are a few different questions on the back page that may be more relevant to young people who leave early.
Link to Exit Survey for early leavers: https://tinyurl.com/PEACE4-Phase2-EarlyExit
- QUB evaluators will follow up with young people 12 months after they leave the programme to complete the Time 4 survey.
If young people in your project complete the surveys in hard copy, please enter the data into the online system using the links above and then shred the surveys. If you need extra resources to help with data input, please contact the QUB evaluation team or your SEUPB project officer.
Other useful links
- Frequency Asked Questions
- Hard copies of: Early Leavers Exit Survey; Time 1 survey; Time 2 survey; Time 3 survey
- Annotated copy of survey for youth workers – includes some hints and tips if working through it with young people: Find it here
- Parent/Guardian Information and Consent Form (for young people under 16)
- Illustrated version of the survey: There is also an illustrated version of the evaluation survey for participants who have learning difficulties. This survey has been developed in conjunction with MENCAP staff from the Heroes and TRANSFORM projects. Hard copies of the illustrated survey for Time 1 and Time 2 can be accessed HERE and a hard copy of the Time 3 illustrated survey can be accessed HERE. The links to do the illustrated version of the survey online are:
- Time 1 & Time 2 Survey Link:
- Time 3 survey link:https://tinyurl.com/Illustrated-Survey-Time-3Arabic translation of the survey (NB hard copy only; no links available. Please send completed copies to QUB at the address below).
- Hard copy survey (same for Time 1,2 &3)
Hard copy of parent/guardian consent form for under 16s
If you have any further questions about the evaluation, please do not hesitate to contact Danielle Blaylock and Stephanie Burns via phone, email, or the postal address below:
Dr Danielle Blaylock
028 9097 4333
Dr Stephanie Burns
Queen’s University Belfast, School of Psychology
18-30 Malone Road, Belfast BT7 1NN