Gain extra training and accreditation while beginning your journey on the Co-operation Ireland Future Leaders Programme
The Programme is designed to enable young people to tailor their own training and experience based on their needs and interest. Participants will come together on an all-Island basis with opportunities to progress onto themed learning clusters, social action projects or initiatives.
Over 100 participants from across the Island have already begun their journey undertaking accredited training in Employability, Communication & Lobbying and Leadership & Resilience. Many have participated in a range of courses on motivation training and first Aid in mental health, as well as undertaking social action projects on climate change.
The young people involved in the initial design of the programme have received training as international facilitators as part of the Active Citizen Programme, while others participated in a series of mock interviews and pitches on a business idea or possible social action project to a panel of ambassadors and supporters.
While delivery has had to be predominately online due to restrictions, young people still came together to learn, share, and support each other through this initial pilot phase of the programme.
What is in it for you?
- Learn new skills, create new partnerships, and gain new experiences.
- Opportunities to make a positive impact on your own life and others in the community.
- Become part of a vibrant and connected learning environment, with opportunities to apply your learning to practical action projects.
How does it work?
- The accredited NOCN courses will be delivered on-line and are all-Island.
- Develop your own tailored pathway with support and a practical interview/presentation at the end delivered by our Ambassador and Supporters’ network.
- Participants will also progress onto further training, youth-led dialogue events, unique social action projects and global learning clusters.
- Once registered, each participant will receive a programme pack with resources and unique password to the Future Leaders Learning Hub where they can access material, pose questions, and record their progress.
Further training courses will be available shortly. Register your interest in taking part in the Co-operation Ireland Future Leaders Programme here or email [email protected] if you have any questions or require further details.